Indiana University Bloomington – Kelley School of Business
|Average GMAT Score||677||GMAT Range||530-760|
|Total Applicants||1082||Acceptance Rate||38|
|Class Size||204||Average Work Experience||60 Months|
|Length of Program||21 Months||Placement Information|
Kelley School of Business is one of the top 50 global Business School. It is ranked as 43 in Financial Times Global MBA ranking 2019.
Indiana Kelley Business School is recognized among top-ranked business school in the world and stand strong in U.S MBA Ranking. Indiana Kelley Business School MBA program tailor to reach your goals, which allows you to reach your potential career.
Key points for Indiana University (Kelley):
- Kelley school of business was founded in 1820. And it’s located in Bloomington & Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Companies Headquartered in Indiana, Caterpillar, Boeing, McDonald’s and many more
- The current dean of Kelley is Idie Kesner, the first women to serve as dean
- According to Forbes, IU Bloomington is one of IU’s core campuses. It offers more than 550 academic programs and Big Ten athletics on a historic campus.
- Indiana Kelley has wide-ranging languages and social programs, more than 300 abroad study choices, Global Gateway Network workplaces in different nations, and associations with more than 50 colleges around the world. More than 8,700 global understudies are seeking after their training’s
Kelley MBA Application Essays 2019 – 2020:
1. Discuss your immediate post-MBA professional goals. How will your professional experience, when combined with a Kelley MBA degree, allow you to achieve these goals? Should the short-term goals you have identified not materialize, what alternate career paths might you consider? (500 words)
Warning – This essay prompt is very deceptive. On the façade, it looks like you have got enough real estate in 500 words but unfortunately, it is not enough. You need to answer the following questions in this essay, all in 500 words:
- What is your short-term goal?
- How will your past experiences and your experience at Kelley help you achieve that
- What is your plan B.
This means close to 160 words for each answer. (You can obviously expand on one part and steal words from the other but you need to address all the above questions.) See we warned you upfront!
Now, let’s dig into this essay.
- This question is pretty upfront in what it wants. The ADCOM wants to know about your immediate goal after MBA and a little background about why do you want to do that. Just saying that you want to be an Investment Banker will not make the cut.
You need to take the ADCOM on the journey with you and tell how you got interested in your goal and even better if you can tell about the steps you have already take to achieve that goal.
- This is the hard one. You need to highlight your passions, strengths and lessons that you have learnt from your professional experiences. Then you need to talk about the gaps that you have currently and how will ab MBA from Kelly fill those.
Talk about the specific courses that excite you, professors that you want to work with, career treks, case competitions, clubs. You get the idea. Do as much research as you can by going through the website and talking to current students and Alumni about Kelley. The ADCOM needs to believe that Kelley is not just another B-School that you are applying to.
- Let’s admit it. Not everyone will get admitted to the school. The ADCOM wants to know about yourself awareness and how will you deal with this setback. Will you stay in the same organization and work on yourself to apply again next year? Will you take the next step towards your goal? Clearly state what you will do in case you are not admitted this year.
2. Respond to one of the following short essay prompts. (300 words)
300 words to write about one thing looks like a lot but once you start writing, you will not feel like.
Most important thing to keep in mind here is that you need to take the ADCOM on the journey with you. Talk about the background of the situation, then talk about how you acted. Whichever topic you chose, make sure that it is an extreme and fits into the superlative adjectives used in the prompt.
This is a great place to talk about something personal. We are not at all saying that you should not write about your professional career here. But just think, how will ADCOM come to know you as a person? They can read your resume, other essays but will not know anything about your personal life. This is a place where they can peep into it and say Hmmm…
- My greatest memory is…
- I’m most afraid of…
- My greatest challenge has been…
- I’m most proud of…
3. Share a brief fact about yourself that your classmates would find interesting, surprising, or noteworthy. (25 words)
Things to keep note of while writing this – It should be brief and noteworthy so that your future classmates can relate the incidence with you. No need to be too fancy here but don’t be too dull also. Just stating that you won the best employee award might not be the best idea here.
Is there anything else that you think we should know as we evaluate your application? If you believe your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you shouldn’t feel obligated to answer this question. (300 words)
As the name suggests, this is an optional essay and should be written only if you have something to clarify such as low GPA, low GMAT, gap in work experience, un usual choice of recommenders etc.
Just get in get out and drop the mike!
If you need Kelley Essay Writing Help or Kelley Interview Preparation, please fill up Quick Inquiry form (on right).