Post Graduate Program for Executives (IIM A – PGPX)
IIM Ahmedabad was established in 1961. IIM A offers one year Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPX). The FT has ranked IIM A’s PGPX among the top programs across the globe.
The school also bags the credit of being the first school in India to receive an accreditation by EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) in 2008.
Below are the details of the 2019-20 PGPX class at IIM A.
|Avg. GMAT Score||702||GMAT Range|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||140||Avg. Work Experience||105|
|Applicant Deadlines||2019-08-27|2019-10-24||Decision Dates||2019-09-09|2019-11-09|
|Length of Program||12 Months||Placement Information|
PGPX Eligibility Criteria (2019-20):
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. KG to 12+2+3 or 4 as the case may be)
- A graduate should have minimum 4-7 years of full time work experience post qualification
- A post graduate should have minimum 4-6 years of full time work experience
- GMAT Score
- Leadership profiling
- Personal Interviews
IIM Ahmedabad MBA application essays 2019-2020:
Essay 1: Describe your best day at work.
Essay 2: Why would you not like to go back to your last organization?
Know your chances of getting into IIMA
IIM Ahmedabad PGPx – FAQs
What is IIMA PGPX?
The Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) is one of the finest one-year, full-time, residential MBA programmes in the world.
How can I prepare for the IIM-A PGPX?
PGPX Admissions Committee looks for participants who will contribute proactively and share the insights they have gained throughout their professional and personal experience. A competitive applicant manages to demonstrate a clear desire for intellectual growth, both in the classroom and through working on group projects.
The Committee takes into consideration the applicant’s professional background, including progression in their career, academic preparedness, accomplishments and strong interpersonal skills.
Does IIMs consider the CAT score for the PGPX?
No, only GMAT/GRE scores are considered.
Does IIMs accept GRE score?
Yes, and it is mandatory for all applicants to take a GMAT/GRE test as it provides IIM admission committee with a standardised way of evaluating candidates.
How much GMAT score is required for IIM?
IIM A advise candidates to aim for a score at or above the 70th-75th percentile for both the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT/GRE. Please keep in mind, however, that standardised tests are just one of several admission criteria. A high score does not guarantee admission, and a below average score does not eliminate a candidate.
Can I get admission in IIM through GMAT?
Having only GMAT cannot get you an admit, one should also go through their following process. The PGPX Admission Process involves the following:
- Submission of online application before the deadlines
- Interviews are held by IIMA faculty members at Newark (US), London (UK), Ahmedabad, Delhi and Bengaluru. School also conduct video conferences for international candidates.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 2.0 lakh as commitment fee within dates specified during admission offer. Balance payment of fee can be paid in lump-sum or in instalments.
What is the criteria for a PGPX in the IIMA?
- A bachelor’s Degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum Age of 25 years as on 31st March of the year in which the PGPX programme commences
- At least 4 years of full-time work experience after completion of graduation and
- Valid GMAT / GRE Score
Which is better, ISB or IIMA PGPX? Why?
It is very important to understand the requirements of the B-Schools before applying to them. Our blog for ISB or IIM can help you.
What is the placement percentage of IIMA PGPx?
86% (Source: Employment report of class 2018)