Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPEX) – IIM Calcutta
PGPEX is one-year residential program for working professionals; this program gives mid-career professionals the ideal platform to augment their existing skill sets as they endeavor to armor themselves for senior and top management roles in the company.
Since 2007, PGPEX has produced alumni who have demonstrated excellence skills in the leadership positions that they have occupied in their companies.
The Class comprises an eclectic mix of youth and experience. Under the guidance of the leading management faculty, a passion for continuous learning synergizes with experiences from diverse backgrounds to create an enriching learning environment.
Learning in the classroom is an equally important. While case discussions enrich the practical experience of unraveling real life business puzzles, informal discussions on varied chapters from thoughtfully chosen adjunct readings broaden individual perspectives.
|Avg. GMAT Score||701||GMAT Range||660-750|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||66||Avg. Work Experience||99|
|Decision Dates||Round 1 – Second half of September 2019
Round 2 – Second half of November 2019
|Length of Program||12 Months||Placement Information|
Eligibility Criteria for PGPEX at IIM Calcutta:
- Executives with graduate degree (minimum 3 years duration in any discipline) or (equivalent qualification from a recognized) University
- At least 5 years of full time post-qualification managerial/professional work experience
- A valid GMAT Score (taken within the last 36 months at the time of application)
- Proficiency in English
Why IIMC PGPEX?
- Emphasis on decision-making and leadership qualities
- Excellent focus on analytical & problem-solving pedagogy
- Learning to address and resolve complex issues in a cross-cultural environment
- Diverse participant mix with experience with global organizations
- Industry internship or International immersion
Selection of a candidate is based on his/her Professional Experience, Academic Records, GMAT Score and Personal Interview. In addition to this, candidates are required to submit a statement of purpose (SOP) and recommendations from two referees holding senior managerial positions. These are also taken into consideration in the final selection.
Statement of Purpose: This should include an objective and clear statement on: why do you want to join the PGPEX programme?; what qualities, experience and achievements do you have to justify your admission?; what type of jobs and at what level do you expect after successful completion of PGPEX?