Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Average GMAT Score for Stanford||737||GMAT Range||610-790|
|Total Applicants||8,166||Acceptance Rate||5|
|Class Size||417||Average Work Experience||48 Months|
|Applicant Deadlines for Stanford||R1:12-Sep-2019
|Length of Program||21 Months||Placement Information|
Stanford GSB offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, the MSx Program (which is a full-time twelve-month MS in Management for mid-career executives) and a Ph.D. program, along with a number of joint degrees with other schools at Stanford University including Earth Sciences, Education, Engineering, Law and Medicine. Stanford is tied for the number 1 rank with the Wharton School and the Harvard Business School in the United States MBA ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Among American MBA programs, Stanford has the lowest acceptance rate of 6.8%. For preparing below set of essay questions you may also refer Stanford Sample Essay.
Key points for Stanford business school:
- Stanford Business School is located in California, the most crowded state in US. And, founded by Herbert Hoover, the 31st president of US.
- Stanford has an excellent campus called Knight Management center, gifted by Phil Knight, the gift went towards the construction of $375 million.
- The average GMAT score for Stanford business schools is 732, which is the highest of any business school in the United States.
- Stanford three faculty members received Nobel prizes, namely Robert Laughlin‘s, Steven Chu‘s, and Douglas Osheroff‘s.
- Stanford mission is to create ideas and develop innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change the world.
Stanford Essays for the Class of 2021:
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?
For this essay, Stanford likes applicants to:
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
Essay B: Why Stanford?
Enlighten how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
Both essays (A and B) combined may not exceed 1,150 words. We recommend up to 750 words for Essay A and up to 400 words for Essay B. We often find effective essays written in far fewer words.
Optional Short-Answer Question:
Think about times you’ve created a positive impact, whether in professional, extracurricular, academic, or other settings. What was your impact? What made it significant to you or to others? You are welcome to share up to three examples. (Up to 1500 characters, approximately 250 words, for each example)
For Stanford Sample Essays visit here.
If you need help with the Essay Writing or Interview Process, please fill up Quick Inquiry form (on right).
Stanford MBA: FAQs
How long is Stanford MBA program?
The Stanford MBA Program is a two-year, full-time, residential course of study that leads to a general management degree while helping you develop your vision and the skills to achieve it.
What GMAT score do you need to get into Stanford?
The average GMAT score for Class of 2020 was 732 with the range from 600-790.
What GPA do you need to get into Stanford?
Average GPA for Class of 2020 was 3.73. Ideally you need a 3.5+ GPA to be considered for Stanford.
How to prepare for Stanford MBA Interview?
General Education consulting panel of top Global B-School Alumni and Admission Experts can help evaluate your profile and prepare you for the Stanford MBA Interview. Visit our page now for tips and suggestion on Stanford Interview Preparation: https://www.genedmba.com/stanford-mba-interview-experience/
Who can help Stanford MBA Essays?
General Education (www.genedmba.com) consulting panel of top Global B-School Alumni and Admission Experts can help evaluate your profile and address your application and essays in a way which highlight your strengths and overcome your shortcomings. With 12 years of experience in admission consulting, you can’t go wrong with us.
How much does Stanford MBA cost?
Below is the cost of attendance, including tuition and other expenses, for a first-year MBA student for the academic year (13 Sep 2019 – 12 Jun 2020).
What Stanford GSB looks for in MBA Aspirants?
Stanford reviews applications holistically, focusing on academic excellence, intellectual vitality, extracurricular impact, and personal context.
What is an acceptance rate in Stanford MBA?
7797 students applied for the Stanford MBA Class of 2020. Out of this, only 419 students were admitted. That is an acceptance rate of 5.37%.