University of Michigan Ross School of Business has a class size of 502 in which 30% constitutes of women. If you are taking the campus interview there are high chances of having a group interview too. It is recommended not to prepare for the question like introduce yourself etc. or else please make sure that it does not look like a prepared conversation. Alumni and 2nd year students would be also involved in the group interview. Average GMAT score for Ross School of Business is 703.
Who takes the interview: Alumnus (off campus interview), Adcom (campus interview)
Average time per interview: 30-40 minutes
Main questions to prepare Michigan Ross MBA Interview:
- Career Achievements
- Long term and short term goals
- Accomplishments in your personal life
- Questions on leadership skills you have displayed outside your work
- Questions on your profile and work, clients projects etc.
Below are a few Michigan Ross MBA Interview experience and questions:
Michigan Ross MBA Interview Experience -1:
Hi, My MBA personal interview yesterday with Ross alum was over the telephone. I had applied during R2 of admission cycle; my Ross interview went on roughly for about 50 minutes. It was a very casual and interviewer made me feel comfortable and overall I didn’t feel like interview, most of the questions asked were about my profile and application essays. The interview questions were as follows:
- Walk me through your resume
- Why are you planning to do MBA?
- Why you choose Ross?
- What do you feel you can learn from a MBA at Ross?
- Describe an instance where you had to fight for an idea within a team
- Describe any instance where you were frustrated within a team
- How do you cope where you had to work with someone very different from you?
- What was the most challenging task you have received at work?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add that wasn’t in your interview or essays?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Overall my MBA personal interview went on really well and now hoping for the best. I had taken up a few practice interview session and the mock interview with the consultants also helped me during the Ross Interview.
Michigan Ross MBA Interview Experience -2:
I had a face to face interview with the Michigan Ross Alumni, I was not able to apply in round 1 so I decided and applied in round 2 and my interviewer was Ross alum. I met him in a hotel and the interview was informal. I do not remember all the questions they asked me, however most of the question were profile related and I had a few mock interview sessions with my close friends which helped me answer the questions spontaneously.
- Walk me through your resume, he asked questions stressing more on the organizations which I worked for.
- Why you choose MBA?
- Why you choose Ross?
- How do you describe your learning style?
- How do you define leadership give instances where you exhibited leadership?
- Tell us about your achievements?
- Talk about a disappointment in your life and how did you overcome?
So, overall my Michigan Ross interview experience was pretty good. As my MBA interview preparation was good enough, I really didn’t stick anywhere. The MBA personal interview went on for 45 minutes and I had enough time to ask 3-4 questions. After the MBA personal interview I was hoping for the best as Ross was my dream school and finally I was accepted. It’s a dream come true for me.
If you need help with the MBA interview preparation please Fill Quick Enquiry Box (On right).