|Wharton – University of Pennsylvania|
|Average GMAT Score||732||GMAT Range||530-790|
|Total Applicants||6,692||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||840||Average Work Experience||60 Months|
|Applicant Deadlines||R1: 17-Sep-2019
|Decision Dates||R1: 18-Dec-2019
|Length of Program||24 Months||Placement Information|
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (also known as the Wharton School, the Wharton School of Business, or Wharton) is the business school of the University of Pennsylvania, a private Ivy League university located in Philadelphia. Wharton was established in 1881 through a donation from Joseph Wharton and was the world’s first business school affiliated with an institution of higher learning.
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania was the U.S.’s first business school and now has the largest alumni network in the country. The school has campuses in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
Key Points for Wharton Business School:
- Wharton business school has the largest network of alumni, from diverse community with over 93,000 who shapes business practice.
- Wharton provides leadership style by sharing in leadership and entrepreneurship activities, trying new roles, inspire others and collaborate with colleagues to shape your experience.
- Wharton prepares students for an interconnected world from global modular to consulting projects and gives students an opportunity to merge yourself in cultural and business language.
- Wharton business school have flexible options for students to provide individual goals and that can impact the world
- Wharton has collaborative community that inspire the best from others.
Wharton MBA Application Essays 2019-2020:(For the class of 2020 – 2022)
What do you hope to gain professionally from the Wharton MBA? (500 words)
Describe an impactful experience or accomplishment that is not reflected elsewhere in your application. How will you use what you learned through that experience to contribute to the Wharton community? (400 words)
Explain how you have reflected on the previous decision about your application, and discuss any updates to your candidacy (e.g., changes in your professional life, additional coursework, extracurricular/volunteer engagements). (250 words) essay tips
All students – You may also use this section to address any extenuating circumstances. (250 words)
If you need help with Wharton MBA Application Essays or Wharton MBA Interview Preparation, please fill up Quick Inquiry form (on right).
FAQs to Wharton MBA Application
How much work experience is required to apply for Wharton MBA Program?
The average work experience for Wharton MBA is 5- 6 years between graduating from college and entering the MBA program. The program also accepts candidates with limited or no experience who show strong managerial and professional potential. In other words, work experience is evaluated not in terms of years, but by the depth and breadth of an individual’s position and the impact of their work.
What is average GMAT score for Wharton MBA?
The average GMAT score for Wharton MBA Class of 2020 was 732 with the range from 500-790.
What is the acceptance rate for Wharton MBA program?
6,245 applicants applied for the Wharton MBA Class of 2020 and 832 was admitted. Hence, the acceptance rate was 13.8 %.
What is the average GRE score for Wharton MBA?
For Wharton MBA Class of 2020, the mean GRE score was 163 (verbal), 162 (Quant) and 4.6 (Writing). Hence, overall mean GRE score was 330.
How can I get help in the Wharton MBA application preparation?
General Education’s consulting panel of top Global B-School Alumni and Admission Experts can help evaluate your profile and address your application and essays in a way which highlight your strengths and overcome your shortcomings. With 12 years of experience in admission consulting, you will get an admit.
What is the application process for a Wharton MBA?
You can apply to the Wharton MBA Program online on Wharton’s official website. The application process is divided into 3 Rounds with Round 1 deadline on 17th September 2019, Round 2 deadline on 7th January 2020 and Round 3 deadline on 1st April 2020.
Decisions are made within a month after the deadline. Following this, you may be invited for an Interview or Team-based Discussion (TBD).
The Wharton TBD is 35 minutes in length and provides an opportunity for you to interact with 4-5 fellow MBA applicants in an interactive team setting.
What are the requirements to apply for Wharton MBA Program?
The minimum requirements to apply to the Wharton MBA program include:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. college or its equivalent in another country.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.
- Completion of Wharton online application.
- Results of an English Language Test (TOEFL or PTE) unless you have earned an undergraduate or Master’s degree in an English-speaking country or from an institution in which English is the language of instruction. To waive an English language test, you need to include
a letter requesting the waiver in your application.