Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University or RSM is located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. RSM is ranked one of the best Business Schools in Europe and top 30 in the world for Business and Management Studies according to the QS ranking. Financial Times ranked RSM’s MBA 37th in Global MBA ranking in 2018. 97% of the MBA class are International giving you a chance to work closely from diverse backgrounds.
|Avg. GMAT Score||640||GMAT Range|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||106||Avg. Work Experience||6 years|
|Applicant Deadlines||Deadlines for Jan 2020||Decision Dates||Rolling Basis|
|Length of Program||12 Months||Placement Information|
• An undergraduate degree
• A GMAT/GRE report
• At least three years of postgraduate professional experience
• Ability to contribute in a multicultural setting
• English language proficiency
• Completed online application form
• Two letters of recommendation
• Kira Talent video response
• One prepared essay
• Satisfactory GMAT/GRE score
• Official transcript from your college or university
Rotterdam MBA application Essays for the Class of 2020-2021:
At Rotterdam School of Management our mission statement says that, as an institution, we will be a force for positive change in the world. This mission, which is based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals put forth by the United Nations General Assembly, drives our thinking and approach to education, business and the world around us. The mission also guides our admissions process, as we look for academically excellent candidates who also share our belief that we can all make a difference in the world. Keeping this thought in mind, please answer ONE of the following questions:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story. (500 words)
2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life. (500 words)
Please feel free to supply any additional information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in making the final decision on your application. (50 words maximum)
Rotterdam MBA application essays 2019-2020:
This is a great essay topic that requires a lot of thinking. The ADCOM is trying to gauge the depth of your thought process s- whether you stay superficial or go deep to understand about any issue.
The best contenders for this essay would be any situations that have impacted you personally. It is very easy to talk about the grave and dangerous situations that the world is facing but the ADCOM wants to
know something personal.
When choosing a situation, chose one that has had a great impact on how you have changed/altered after that. Clearly describe what the situation was, were you faced with any choices, if yes, what did you chose and why. And most importantly what did you do to change the situation or what were your lessons from that situation. It is very important to write about what did you learn.
A rough break down of the real estate could be:
- Stating a situation – 50 – 75 words
- How did it impact your life/business – 200 words
- What choices did you have – 100 words
- What did you learn/how did you act – 100 words
Essay 2: Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.
To answer this question effectively, make sure to encapsulate the following pointers in your essay:
- Pick the right challenge
- Discuss how you weighed options
- What choice did you make
- What did you learn
- How have you changed since then.
You might have seen a trend here. We are focusing on the lessons learnt again and again. This is because the ADCOM wants to understand how adaptable you are and how do you implement those lessons.