|Avg. GMAT Score||660||GMAT Range||600-720|
|Total Applicants||506||Acceptance Rate||32|
|Class Size||119||Avg. Work Experience||53|
|Applicant Deadlines||2019-10-13|2019-12-01|2020-01-12|2020-02-16|2020-05-10||Decision Dates||Not yet declared|
|Length of Program||21 Months||Placement Information|
Key points for Ohio State University (Fisher):
- Max M. Fisher Business school was founded in March 7, 1916 It is part of The Ohio State University. Fisher School of Business is located in Columbus, in Ohio State. Popularly known as Fisher College.
- Fisher Business school has 370,000 square foot complex and is counted among the largest building project taken by Ohio State University. The campus has state of the art computer facility, satellite uplinking capabilities. The campus is divided into 5 academic buildings and a separate hotel.
- Anil K. Makhija is the current dean of the Fisher school. He was appointed dean in October 2014. He has a Ph.D. from Madison, an MBA from Tulane and B.tech from IIT, Delhi.
- Fisher College is constantly ranked among some of the best business schools in the US. US News and World report in 2017 ranked it as 8th best among public universities. The Economist ranked Fisher 3rd in opening new career opportunities, and FT ranking is 75 in 2016
- At present, there are 76,430 living alumni in 104 countries globally. They are building and leading businesses and corporations all around the globe and shaping policies.
- Campus life is vibrant and multicultural as students from different parts of the world study here and has multiple opportunities to get involved in a variety of student-run clubs and associations. Apart from clubs like the golf club, the partner’s club, marketing organization, and more students can also engage in community services like charity fundraising and many more.
- Columbus is the 15th largest city in the USA and has been constantly ranked high in terms of work opportunity and ease of doing business. The city is home to the 4 fortune 500 companies: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, American Electric Power, L Brands, and Big Lots, with Cardinal Health. Other major employers are OCLC, Chemical Abstracts, JPMorgan Chase, Huntington Bancshares, as well as Owens Corning, Wendy’s and White Castle.
- Companies headquartered in Columbus: Siemens, Roxane Laboratories, ABB
The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business was established in 1916 and has produced exceptional leaders who meet the challenges of a changing global business environment through creative and effective solutions. The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business is ranked among top business schools in the nation at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Ohio Fisher MBA application essays 2019-2020:
Essay 1: Why do you wish to earn an MBA? Why do you wish to earn an MBA from The Fisher College of Business? How will the Fisher MBA program assist you in achieving your immediate career goals?
Maximum words: 750
Ohio Fisher MBA essays (2015-16)
Why do you wish to earn an MBA? Why do you wish to earn an MBA from The Fisher College of Business? How will the Fisher MBA program assist you in achieving your immediate career goals?
Maximum words: 750
What is the most difficult situation you have had to deal with and what did you learn from the experience? Maximum words: 750
Video Essay (Optional)
This video essay gives you a chance to speak directly to the admissions committee since each applicant is not guaranteed an in-person interview
Question: Share something interesting about yourself that we would not otherwise learn from your application.
Supplemental Information (Optional)
Please feel free to provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you have not addressed elsewhere. Maximum words: 250
Shaping Your Vision* (Maximum words: 750)
Every year Fisher College’s Full-Time MBA program admits a select group of talented professionals with demonstrated potential to become successful business leaders in an increasingly competitive, global environment. Why do you want to earn an MBA degree in general and a Fisher College MBA in particular? How will Fisher specifically assist you in achieving your individual potential? As part of your response, include a brief summary of your professional accomplishments to date. If you have not held a full-time job or are still in college, let us know about your leadership accomplishments in a school, internship, or extracurricular context.
Discovering You* (Maximum words: 750)
As a Fisher College MBA student, you get the best of both worlds: the up-close and personal feel of a small program combined with the resources and opportunities offered by a major research university. As an individual participant, you will play a key role in shaping our culture. Consequently, we would like to learn more about who you are and the unique characteristics you will contribute to the Fisher College community. Provide an honest description of yourself outside your professional context, stressing the personal characteristics you believe to be your strengths and weaknesses, along with the factors that have most influenced your development to date.
Optional Essay (Maximum words: 250)
Provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you have not addressed elsewhere.
Video Essay (Optional) for applicants who wish to be considered for any available merit-based funding opportunities
If you need help with Essay Writing or Interview Preparation, please fill up Quick Inquiry form (on right).