|Avg. GMAT Score||550||GMAT Range|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||Avg. Work Experience||24|
|Applicant Deadlines||2018-11-30|2019-01-31|||||Decision Dates|||||||
|Length of Program||12 Months||Placement Information|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – PGPM 2019-20:
- All applicants applying to Great Lakes Institute of Management are required to appear for GMAT/CAT*/XAT +/CMAT before applying for the program.
- For PGPM 2019, Great Lakes Institute of Management will accept CAT scores of the year 2017/2018, XAT scores of the year 2018/2019 or GMAT scores taken after Jan 1, 2016 or CMAT scores of the year 2018
- All applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- A minimum work experience of two years by March 31, 2019 is mandatory and candidates found not fulfilling this criteria will not be admitted. Candidates with less than 24 months of work experience by June 30, 2019 can apply to the Great Lakes PGDM Program
*Great Lakes uses CAT scores only for screening applications for admissions and IIMs have no role in the conduct of Great Lakes academic programs.
+Great Lakes is not an associate institute of XLRI and uses XAT scores only for screening applicants for admission. XLRI has no role to play in the conduct of any of Great Lakes programs.
- Candidates can apply to Great Lakes Institute of Management by completing an online application form.
- Candidates can choose to apply by any of the following methods:
- Visit the website greatlakes.edu.in and fill in the online application form, after making a payment of INR 1,500. Candidates seeking to apply to both Great Lakes, Chennai and Great Lakes, Gurgaon (Delhi NCR) through a common application may do so by selecting the appropriate option in the registration form and paying an application fee of INR 2250/- only.
- Candidates should make a payment of INR 1,500 at IMS centers and procure a coded number key for applying online.
- Purchase the application form from the Great Lakes Offices in Chennai and Gurgaon.
- The ultimate application process is online for all candidates.
- Candidates have to provide the official email-id of the recommender. The recommendation letter will be collected from the final selected students’ recommenders and it must be submitted online only.
- Queries regarding the admission process have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are compared based on GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores, past academic performance, essays, work experience and performance in the interview and group discussions. The selection process shapes in a criterion that facilitates reviewing each applicant:
- Academic Abilities: Being a one year program, the program at Great Lakes is highly demanding and intense; candidates with coherent academic background and a demonstrated ability to sustain pressure make the shortlist.
- Standardized Test Scores: To eliminate inconsistencies between colleges and universities at the Undergraduate level, Great Lakes consider GMAT or CAT or XAT or CMAT scores in the overall evaluation.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills: Great Lakes as an institute promises to deliver “Business Ready Managers” who would be leaders in their fields, and hence applicants who have exhibited leadership skills at work/school or college make the grade to be part of the Great Lakes family.
- Integrity and Ethical Values: Great Lakes lays strength on integrity and values including originality. Candidates found lacking these qualities won’t be selected nevertheless of their performance in other areas.
- Diversity of Background: At Great Lakes, diversity in background facilitates peer learning which transforms ‘uncut stones’ into ‘diamonds’. Students in the current batch come from diverse fields like Finance, Hospitality, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Consultancy, Media, and so forth.
Great Lakes MBA Essays for 2019-2020:
Required Essay 1: Why should you be part of PGPM Class of 2020 and how do you think you can enrich the experience of the Great Lakes Community?
Optional Essay 2: Is there anything else about you that is not covered in the application that you would like to share with us?