Venue: Hyderabad campus.
Panel: There were three gentlemen in the panel – two associate professors and one senior faculty.
Duration: Interview lasted for 30 minutes. Although it felt a lot shorter
Though it was yet another exercise for the panellists, I knew it was very important for me to grasp the given opportunity and was thoroughly prepared for the interview.
My interview was based on 3 major prospects that revolved around why MBA and career plans.
- Why do you want to do an MBA? How does it fit into your long term plans?
- Why PGP pro from ISB, how will the programme help you achieving your goals?
- If ISB doesn’t offer you anything post MBA (in regards to job), how will you build your career moving forward?
Questions asked during interview
- Walk us through your resume. There were a few follow up questions on this.
- What do you propose to your manangement if they don’t accept your strategy?
- How do you plan to cover the rigour that goes into the program?
- Overall it was a great experience and I had a great time talking to the interview panel
Conclusion: Be thorough in your responses to capture the interest of the Interview Panel and be thorough about your goals. Do your research about ISB by talking through the current students and alumni. It will surely help.